Monday, October 14, 2013

What I'm Reading Monday - Quick turnaround

Not much has changed since my last post since it was only three days ago, but I do want to get back on track with posting what I'm reading on Monday - so I didn't want to skip again.

School

Still working through Fire & Ash, but it is a long one so that's not too surprising. I think my next book will be the new series from James Dashner - who wrote The Maze Runner

Home

I finally started Covet by Tracey Garvis Graves. Tracey is a good friend of mine, so I've heard about this book for ages - long before it was even going to be published. This is written as a multiple narrative between a wife, husband and a police officer the wife becomes interested in. The husband, Chris, has had a rough year; he loses his job, which results in him becoming depressed. This ends up with the wife, Claire, feeling lonely once he does get a job that requires him to travel almost all week. Because of this, she starts a flirtation with Daniel, a police officer who showed interest in her after he pulled her over. 

Next up at home: The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon. This one was recommended to me by my husband's youngest cousin and LewElla R. Although, this might change because Christopher Rice's book, which comes out tomorrow, looks really good, too.

Finished

I finally finished The Silence of Boneventure Arrow by Rita Leganski. I can't say I was that excited about it. It was interesting, but I thought it had a lot of holes in the plot and a lot of unanswered questions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment