Friday, October 11, 2013

Friday Reads - A bit delayed from Monday

Since I was home sick Monday, I didn't get to do my normal what I was reading post. I had every intention of writing one from home that day, and then I felt so crappy, I just didn't have the energy to do anything but sit like a lump. So, I just moved it to a Friday Reads post instead. And here's my list (and finally, it's a bit smaller).

Home

The Silence of Bonaventure Arrow by  Rita Leganski: I'm still not sure about this one. Bonaventure is now 6 and dealing with issues at school because he doesn't talk. But, he is also the only one who can see his father, who was murdered before he was born. It's different, but I'm not sure I like it still.

School

Fire & Ash by Jonathan Mayberry: This is the last in the Rot & Ruin series. Even though these books are thick, they are a quick read. It's going to be interesting to see what happens with the Reapers, especially when the last chapter I read ended with them finding a way to kill everyone.

Finished

For the Win by Cory Doctorow - Doing a book talk on, so you can hear about it in class.

Juliet by Anne Fortier - I started this because I went to go see Romeo and Juliet on Broadway (and got some good ideas on new ways to talk to you guys about it because of how they staged it and the information they provided at the play) because I thought it was fitting. It's kinda like  a Dan Brown book. Guiletta finds out she is a desendant of THE Juliet. The book weaves in  a mystery of how she has to stop the curse and tells the original story of Romeo and Juliet (yes, there are historical characters that the play was based off). I'll actually book talk this one while we're reading the play in February. 

My Best Race


No comments:

Post a Comment