Monday, October 28, 2013

What I'm Reading Monday - The piles are getting out of control again.

I was doing good about keeping the number of books I had going down ... and then I got bored with stuff at home. Oops. It's still better than some weeks.

Home

The Bone Season by Samanthan Shannon - Haven't read any more of this. I don't think I even physically touched it. Oops.

The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien - This is what I focused on last week. I am almost done with The Fellowship of the Ring (the first book within the big book). The only other time I read this series was in college, and I think I do appreciate it more now. I have more time to enjoy it, and Tolkien does take time.

School

This was where I fell down and went boom on my limiting books idea. Blame conferences because I'd get bored, start a new book, and then stick it in my bag to take home. 

Chupacabra by Roland Smith - This is the third book in his Cryptid Hunters series. It's been a while since I'd read the other two, so I couldn't fully remember where it left off. Luckily, he put in character and plot summaries at the front for the synopsis. I really planned on finishing this one this weekend, but it didn't leave my bag, which didn't leave my car. Right now, you've got the good guys trying to rescue their friend from the bad guys - who is the grandfather of their friend. 

Going Bovine by Libba Bray - Not too far into this one. But, it's about a kid who gets mad cow disease.

A Long Walk to Water by Linda Sue Park - This one is really short and is a dual narrative. One narrative takes place in 1985 and the other in 2008. It follow the issues in Sudan and centers around water and war. It is based on a true story.

Finished

Eye of Minds by James Dashner - There was a big twist at the end of this one. I'll eventually do a book talk on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment