Monday, November 3, 2014

Two weeks in a row!

I was on a mission last week to get some books finished up - and I did do that for the most part. I've still been hauling books back and forth between home and work, so I'm not going to divide them up this week.

Reading

The Program by Suzanne Young - I've had this in my to-be-read pile for quite a while at home. A former student asked if I had read it or even had it last week, so I decided to pick it up. It is about the US in the future, and teen suicide is now an epidemic. Some states have developed a program to cure the issue. The problem, though: the program completely wipes their brains. The book follows one teen as she goes into the program and what she does to fight it.

The Magicians by Lev Grossman - Got a little farther into it, but not much. Still making myself finish this one before I move on to the new Anne Rice book.

Finished

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa - This series is still keeping my interest. Kagawa does a great job of introducing new story lines without it feeling repetitive and boring. But, she's also staying true to the heart of the series. 

Annihilation by Jeff Vandermeer - I wasn't crazy about this one. It's vague in a lot of places, but then again, I could have sped through this book just to get closer to that Anne Rice carrot in front of my face. Still, if you liked The Hunger Games, you would most likely like this book. Not sure I'll read the rest of the trilogy, though.

Up Next

  • Anne Rice - Prince Lestat
  • Ann Aguirre - Enclave

No comments:

Post a Comment