Monday, November 3, 2014

Is ADM safe?

This is a hard question because there are so many options/points we could look at to determine if  our school is safe.

Is it safe from outside attacks?
Is it safe from bullying?
Is it safe from intruders?

To a degree, we can answer yes to all of these questions. But, it also is a matter of perspective and a matter of instance.

Teens are smart; they're not going to pick on kids right in front of a teacher. But am I naive enough to think that there aren't people picking on someone out in the halls? After school? Before school? On social media? Through texting?

No.

And sadly, I can't stop that unless it is made known to me.

I've said it many times this year, and I'll continue to say it. While you may not feel safe anywhere else, my goal as a teacher is to keep you safe for the 43 minutes you are in my classroom. You all know that I won't tolerate anyone being rude to you in my room. This will be a safe place. No exceptions.

Ever.

Because we all need that one safe place.

No comments:

Post a Comment