Monday, September 8, 2014

IMWAYR - Distracted

It was another low quantity of reading week. I'm blaming reading 800+ page books. I slow down a lot in the middle of them because I just want them to be done with!

At school

The 57 Lives of Alex Wayfare by MG Bulehrlen - This book I got from some reviews on blogs and Goodreads. It's an interesting concept. Alex starts having "delusions" from the past, and people think she's got a serious issue. However, she's actually had past lives and she's having flashbacks. I'm not that far into this one, but it is really good!

At home

Still working on Dreams of Gods and Monsters.

Audiobook

Still working on Delirium. 

Finished

I picked up The Giver by Lois Lowery last week. I didn't understand why many people told me they had read it in HS, but I never had. Then I realized it came out when I was in HS, so it wasn't on people's radars (this also made me feel a little old). Jonas is part of a society that has isolated itself from others. He's been "selected" as being the next Receiver, and realizes there may be something sinister about the world he's living in - things might be being kept from the citizens.

Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon - The second in the Outlander series, and it weighs in at a massive 976 pages. Claire has been back in her modern life for 20 years, and she recounts to her daughter the truth behind her heritage. In a flashback, Claire goes back to when Outlander left off and tells the story of how Jamie decided she needed to go back. This one I liked a lot more than the first; it had more history instead of romance, and left off with a cliffhanger. I'll be taking a break before the third one, though (which is a whopping 1100 pages).

Up Next

Ashfall - I know I had this one on there last week, but I got distracted by other shiny books. It's a common problem with me when I try to pick my next book.




No comments:

Post a Comment