Monday, September 9, 2013

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? - Too much right now!

I've got several books going right now. I'm having a hard time getting excited about anything right now.

At school:

Escape from Camp 14 by Blaine Harden: This is about a man who was born in a North Korean political prisoner camp and managed to escape. He's the only person to have done this successfully. The book details his accounts of the horrors that go on in these camps (even though North Korea denies they even exist). I've just started this one, so I don't have much to say about it yet.


At home:
Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult: Zoe and her husband have tried for years to have a baby, but they've been unsuccessful. After another miscarriage, Zoe is ready to try in vitro again, but her husband refuses and ends up asking for a divorce. I followed the story up to this point, and then it gets a little different. I stopped reading it because it just wasn't holding my interest. I'll end up finishing it, though.

The Silence of Bonaventure Arrow  by Rita Leganski: Just started this one, so I don't have much about it yet. I got it on my Kindle because it was an Amazon daily deal - a book for only $3! Bonaventure is a mute child - so he doesn't speak at all. But, he has amazing hearing abilities. Right now, he's still in the womb, but it follows him and discusses what he can hear and how he reacts to it.

My Best Race: 50 Runners and the Finish Line They'll Never Forget by Chris Cooper: Even though is a collection about runners and their races, this has more to do with overcoming any challenge. This one I'm just reading when I have a few minutes because it is easy to pick up and read one race.

No comments:

Post a Comment