Monday, August 26, 2013

Stressing Out

Usually I am very organized when it comes to trips. I start a list of things I need to take about two weeks out, and I even start piling things up around then to pack. I don't have to worry too much about shampoo, soap, etc., because I have all of those in travel sizes in my "go bag."

I leave for California for four days on Friday. I have none of this done.

I don't know much of what we're doing except running a 10K Saturday, the half on Sunday and then a family reunion after that.

I don't even know where we are eating (which is a MAJOR thing for me; I usually know down to the minute when it comes to food).

However, I do have my sub notes ready, and that never happens until the day before. So that's a little odd.

I am a little sad because I won't be bringing Dutch letters to the reunion (my family is originally from Pella) because it was insanely expensive to ship them out there. But, it's not like we ever have a shortage of food (we are a family of food lovers; I'm one of the few lucky ones in the family though who can eat and eat and eat and not gain weight. There is some bitterness about this).

At least, I don't have much going on any night after school this week, so I will have plenty of time to get this all done. I'm just not used to waiting until the last minute.




No comments:

Post a Comment