Monday, January 28, 2013

Costuming fun

I think dress-up days are a good idea. I always liked homecoming week when I was in high school and usually participated with them. Now, there were some days that I thought were stupid and refused to participate - but that was just because I was a moody teenager that had to go against the grain sometimes.

Now, as a teacher, I still like them. I try my best to go along with them - although sometimes I have a hard time coming up with an idea.

PJ day is my absolute favorite day of all. It quite frankly could be my favorite day of the year. It's fantastic to be able to come in flannel pants and a T-shirt AND get to wear my slippers. (This year, it's a little less than exciting because since I've been sick the past week, I'm wearing exactly what I've worn since last Tuesday night. But, it also made it nice to re-enter the world of the living this week.).

So, yes, I've got an outfit planned for every day this week. Except thrift store day. I don't feel like going to one, and I don't have anything at home that would work. Sadly, if I had been in high school, I could have worn almost anything in my closet and it would have worked for that day.

One of my favorite homecoming years was the year we did different decades. Each class was in charge of a different decade (50s, 60s, 70s and 80s). Our hall decorations and float ideas all centered around that era. And, each day was one of those years. It wasn't as crazy or out there as some of the years, but it was still a lot of fun (and again, easy from my closet of thrifted clothes.)

High school is the only time you'll get to do things like this - so take advantage of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment