Monday, December 1, 2014

Reading Week in Review - Lackluster break

I started off break reading quite a bit. Then it kinda ground to a halt. I'm blaming decorating for Christmas. Still got some good books read, though, so at least I made a dent in my pile. And I didn't buy any new books, so the piles are actually smaller!

At school

Because of break, I'm still working on Shooting Kabul. Not much farther than I was last week.

At home

Althea & Oliver by Christina Morchado - Absolutely love this book. The two title characters have been best friends since they were little kids. Althea has stronger feelings for Oliver, but Oliver refuses to have her act on them. And then things become very difficult. Suddenly, Oliver will go to sleep for weeks at a time - and not remember anything that happens during that time (he is "awake" for very brief periods during that time). Powerful writing

Finished

No One Else Can Have You by Kathleen Hale - Craziness ensues when there's a murder in a small Wisconsin town. Secrets - because we all know small towns have them - are revealed. If you like dark comedy - this book would be a great choice.

Kill Alex Cross by James Patterson - Patterson's mysteries are my brain candy/brain break books. Just a quick read that keeps me entertained. I'll never say these are great works but they keep me interested. And, I can't deny that he does a great job of keeping you on the edge of your seat while you're reading.

Up Next

Honestly, I'm not sure. I think How to Build a Girl will be next at home, and then maybe Girl Stolen at work.  As long as it is out of my "to-read" pile, I'll be fine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment