Monday, December 16, 2013

What I'm Reading Monday -

Having the financial literacy lessons (well, and end of the term stuff) threw a wrench in my reading this week, but I'll get over it. At least I finished two books this week!

School

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins - Having the financial literacy stuff last week didn't give me much reading time. I'm guessing this week I won't get much further. So I'll actually bring this one home over break so I can get it finished.

Home

The Bone Season - Goal for this week is to get it done because I am getting tired of typing its title.

Finished

The Fallout by SA Bodeen - This is the sequel to The Compound, and I don't want to give too much away about the book - which is why it was a different book talk in class. I liked it just as much as The Compound, and I thought it dealt with "the fallout" from that situation very well. The questions you were left with at the end of the first book do get answered - with a few twists thrown in there. I did realize I do have some issues with her writing style; I think there's some excessive details that I don't really need and slow down my reading flow. But, it still has a good overall story line.

Bossypants by Tina Fey - Tina Fey is hilarious. And smart. And geeky. And kinda my hero. I would say that this is more a collection of essays on her life than a true memoir. It was good, and it didn't take me long to read at all.

What's Next

I have big plans for break - not counting the trip to see family. But, I do plan on reading quite a bit. My Kindle is already loaded so when I go on vacation on Saturday, I am ready. 

No comments:

Post a Comment