Monday, December 9, 2013

What I'm Reading Monday - Not much has changed

My reading has dropped off significantly in the past week. It's a little embarrassing. But, that's what happens when I have more grading, watch rather important football games, and have to get ready for Christmas.

School

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins - Again a reread. I barely remember any of this book. The ending ticked me off too much and I blocked the rest of it out.


Home

The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon - I realized why this book has taken me so long to get through. You get a lot of information dumped on you in the beginning without much explanation. Now that I've started using the glossary for all the words (made up for the book), it makes a little more sense. But, it's a lot of work, and I tend to not like books that are a lot of work. I read for enjoyment, not to make my head hurt.

Finished

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins - I liked this better the second time around. I think I wasn't reading as fast because if a book is fast-paced, I tend to read too fast and miss the small details that really bring out a  story. I didn't have to do that this time because I knew what was going to happen. I also thought the movie did a really good job with it and brought out a lot of those other little details.

Next up

I honestly don't know. I have the sequel to The Body of Christopher Creed, but there's several others I've got stacked up in various places I'd like to dig into. Christopher Rice's new book is at the top of that list, and I kinda went on a Kindle buying spree last week. I am a sucker for a book when they mark it down to $2. At least break is coming up soon, so I'll have more time to read. And with two 3-hour plane rides plus airport wait time, I'll have a lot of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment