Monday, November 12, 2012

Flying free

Stomach's churning
No longer do I have nerves of steel
I'm scared
    - worried
    - fretty
    - nervous
I don't know if I can do this

But, I know that's the voices
camping out in my head
They worm their way iin
      - uninvited
      -unwelcomed
      - penetrating
I have to shut them out

The only way to fight it
is to just do it
It's time to hit the road
     - lace 'em up
     - take off
     - fly away
I know I can

Even though I know
and have done it
The voices are still there
      - niggling
      - worming
      - penetrating
      - WHINING
I'm not going to listen

I have a reason to succeed
Reasons pushing me to be better
Pushing me forward
      - faster
      - don't stop
      - slog on
      - cross the line
Those reasons will mute the voices

No comments:

Post a Comment