Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Dream Detours

I was shooting for the stars
Ready to face the world
and conquer it like Genghis Khan
  (with less bloodshed)
I would be victorious in my dreams

I was going to make it to DC
There would be hurdles
 - possibly some road blocks -
It was time to beat
and plow over them all

It wasn't easy at first
I cowered with some fear
but soon I was a roaring lion
ready to attack
ready to start my climb

And then everything slowed
things started to veer and shift
 a new dream started to appear
I listened to my heart -
It was time for a new route

A major detour started
I was nervous and unsure
The little mouse returned
taking timid steps toward the new

The new road is smoother now
There's still some bumps
But my steps are surer, more definite
because my dreams merged with another's


No comments:

Post a Comment